Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day of the Dead Tortilla Rolls


I went to Dawns Halloween party last night and I brought tortilla rolls, I usually bring them to any event, and they go over pretty well, I can just about make them blind folded now!
I cant give you the exact recipe as it changes up on my mood but here is the general Idea.

YOU NEED:
Tortilla shells
shredded cheese (usually sharp cheddar)
cream cheese
and whatever other ingredients you want to add:
usually I add ham, onions(sometimes green onions), sour cream, ranch flavor, garlic powder, & sometimes I use taco seasoning instead of ranch, and sometimes I use mayo instead of sour cream it gives it a zip. So basically what ever flavors float your boat; add them to the base and you are good to go. You will want to chop up everything real fine, mix it real good, then spread out over the shells and roll them up. (shells are easier to work with it they are room temp) Once all shells are rolled: place in fridge for about an hour to let everything get firm and stick together,(you dont have to wait but it make a cleaner cut) then cut into bite size slices and serve!

For this batch (because the party is Day of the dead themed) I added cumin and taco sauce and used taco mix cheese to get that mexican flavor

No comments: